dinsdag 29 mei 2007

A strange start of the week...

I did not do much in the past week, although I had my hands full. With a few people ill in the house life is going different than it is supposed to. The Pentacost weekend was spent indoors as on Sunday and Monday rain was falling down. On Sunday I did not knit at all actually, as my hand was hurting - my right hand is depression-sensitive as a physiotherapist called it. I have had surgery on my wrist twice due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and during the years I also developed Guyon Tunnel Syndrome. It is the same as Carpal, but in this case it affects the ring finger and the little finger, as that nerve is blocked. The doctors are not eager to do surgery until I lose power in my hand completely and I am not waiting on that. They gave me meds, but I am not taking them - I usually find relief by warming my hand (I use a wrist warmer for that)and taking some rest until the depression has left. I usually know and can predict thunderstorms coming this way, so it is sometimes handy.

This morning started a bit weird. Wietse woke up around five - he is making 8 hour nights now. My husband went to school early as he had a feeling that traffic could become a mess and boy he was so right! 450 kilometer traffic jam in our country. Imagine, that is from our home to Drachten and back! Or from our home to Paris...

Jouke is free from school for a couple of days, and Alexa has to take her English exams this afternoon. And Steven? He almost overslept this morning, as he thought he had to start in the second block, almost forgetting he had sports in the first block. His classmate called - and that is what woke him up.

May was in many ways a strange month. With this many holidays in a short time, people on and off going or free from school, my schedules are messed up. To make it worse, the housing company had scheduled renovations - and this week the renovations are scheduled for my house - on Thursday the kitchen is renewed and on Friday the central heating system. Also on Thursday: Wietse is getting his first shots to protect him against several diseases...(I hate that but it is necessary) And during the day I will finish a pair of socks that I am knitting for my husband with Trekking 180. Then I am planning to knit a pair, using a pattern that I designed for my Sockapalooza pal. I tried to knit them for myself, but was short in yarn. Bet they will look lovely in blue. So pics will follow!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hoihoi Bianca,

    ik word al moe als ik dat allemaal lees...oef. Denk je ook, als het je lukt, aan jezelf af en toe? ;-)

    Succes met alles!!


  2. Sleeping 8 hours at night! Way to go baby!!!! That has to help.
    Hope the bug is long gone this week and you are all on the mend.

    I am still struggling with schedule variations. They will not end for us. My DH is a firefighter, they work 24 hours, off 48. I work 12's as a nurse.
    The kids still follow a school mon-fri week. Sometimes I can go with the flow of it all. Sometimes I lose it.

    Cannot wait to see your socks and the baby!

  3. I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with your hand. :(

    Sorry your week started wonky...I hope things get back to normal in June for you.

    Can't wait to see your socks! :)

  4. Thank you so much for commenting at my site! I'm so impressed with the number of KALs that you do. The Knit the Classics one scares me half to death. I'm not nearly creative enough to do that one.

    I agree with you that my gardening is very healing. It just gives and gives and I love it so. I'm glad that I found it.

    It is going to be nearly 90º F here today (about 32º C). I've done my gardening for the day. I'm about to take my 2-year-old twins to do the marketing for the week, then I hope to finish knitting my friend's felted bag. So much to do, so little time!