maandag 22 mei 2006

Het is weer maandag...It's Monday again

De tijd vliegt. En het lijkt wel of het steeds sneller gaat. Hoog tijd voor een kleine update.

Time flies. And it seems like time is going faster and faster. Time for a small update

De foto's...the photos...





Babysokjes in Cascade 220, en een volwassen paar sokken in Cascade 220. Ik kreeg deze via een garen-swap van Sue (). Mooie heldere kleuren, en 100% wol. Een genot om te breien. Het blauwe motiefje in mijn sokken is heel simpel, en afgeleid van de lettergrepen in de haiku. 5/7/5 Ik heb ze alleen gekanteld, en dat geeft een mooi effect. Ik moet je zeggen dat de sokken lekker warm zijn aan de voeten.

Babysocks in Cascade 220, and an adult pair of socks in Cascade 220. I received this yarn through a yarn swap from Sue (). Beautiful bright colours, and it is 100% wool. A delight to knit with for sure. The little blue motif in my socks is actually very simple - taken from the syllables in haiku: 5/7/5. I turned them 90° to knit in as pattern and I think they give a nice effect. The socks are comfortably warm to wear so I am very content.




A stitched image... glued 3 photos together that my daughter made when I was working on the bazaar sock. It is going to be a huge one, as I wrote already that I am knitting it with acrylic instead of cotton, as we plan to use them as Christmas stocking. I like the patterns though.

Een samengevoegd plaatje. Mijn dochter heeft deze gemaakt terwijl ik aan het breien was aan de Bazaar sok. Het wordt een hele grote, omdat ik hem niet in katoen maak, maar in acryl. We gaan de sokken gebruiken met Sinterklaas om er surprises in te doen. Ik vind de patronen heel mooi en dat maakt het zeer de moeite waard om ze te breien.

1 opmerking:

  1. Hei Breien, sorry about that link in my blog, there IS a pattern in English too, I just copy-pasted the link and didn't think any further.

    http://ziina.vuodatus.net/page/Kev%E4t-scarf

    Here's a proper link and I'd better correct it into my text too.

    The scarf really is nice, and a pleasure to knit!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen