dinsdag 6 februari 2007

SP 10 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like a lot of yarns actually. I only don’t knit with cotton – cotton is only used to crochet with. At the moment I am using a lot of sock yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a plastic needle case for my 40 cm needles. Have to find me a shorter one for the sock needles in time, but that has to wait until the baby is born.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I am knitting for more than 30 years, was taught at school and my mom’s lessons perfected it. My skill level is definitely advanced, as I am also test knitter for several designers.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not at the moment. But I do want to find out more about Latvian and Scandinavian mittens, and Bohus knitting.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Fresh flowers!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. Chocolate, sweets, licorice, ice cream….

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Drawing, writing, crocheting and knitting, working with ecoline (a special kind of water paint). I don’t spin, but would like to learn in time for sure. Another thing I would like to learn is dye my own yarns.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Good question… I love country music, especially Bobby Bare. I also like music out of the ‘80s, Gary Moore, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd…

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Green, yellow, blue, white.
I can’t stand black and dark brown to knit with.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, mom of three teens and a baby due in March. (at this moment I have six weeks to go until due date) We don’t have pets, due to the asthma of the boys. So the only “pets” are the birds that visit my little garden.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Only wrist warmers from time to time. For the rest: no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
At the moment: socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks. The design is made up by me.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, they are unique.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Straight. Aluminum works best for me.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? My oldest UFO is just a few days old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas for sure. Though Easter is special too…

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn I guess.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
As I already wrote I would like to learn more about Bohus knitting and the Scandinavian mittens. I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions at the moment.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Any new technique is a challenge for me. And I love challenges.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I have shoe size 42 in European size – in US size: 9

23. When is your birthday? February 21

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten