vrijdag 20 juni 2008

Regarding the sweater

Phyllis and Kathy found it amazing that Wietse's sweater was knit in two days. Honest, ladies, it is not that difficult to knit a child's sweater in such a time. I used to knit sweaters for adults using less than a week...

But I'll give a few details: The needles I used were 4.0 mm /US 6 They work up pretty fast. The yarn I used was DK weight. The pattern of the sweater was made up by me, but as I used the stitch in socks before I only had to recalculate, and purl back instead of knitting in the round. Honest, working 15 inches in height on US 6 is done in no time. The only thing that takes time is working out the notes into a decent pattern.

Kathy: Sorry sweetie, but I am a conventional knitter. It seems that I knit too tight when using circulars. Thus said, I usually have troubles moving the stitches on the circular - and the result is often that I frog the project, or break the circular.

So when I work sweaters I knit back - front - sleeves, and the only part that goes on DPN's is the neckline cuff. Oh... and knitting time? Hubby had two late shifts...LOL! I usually wait for him when he has late shifts. I don't know why, but we both feel comfortable with it. It provides me with knitting time...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten