vrijdag 18 januari 2008

Cocoa Swap Posting Question

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?

Good point. We are having a true "blah" winter. Rain, wind, grey skies, but no snow, no freezing. Beside that, there were quite some appointments to attend, school visits to be made and other stuff - so knitting is limited. I am working on socks at the moment, and from time to time on sweaters. So, sock yarns galore...LOL! But... you can make wonderful mittens out of sock yarn!

The sock however was frogged because I did not like my first initial idea to make it without a ribbed cuff - reworked it with a cuff and now it looks wonderful. Photos will be made when it is a bit lighter, as it is still dark at the moment.

On the other hand - a remark made on a writing site made me think; as I fell into a writers block for writing short stories and poetry in 2006 - the moment that I started to write down my patterns - it is writing! You should see my pattern mess (hahaha) It is one line in Dutch, one line in English (repeat)

In the coming weekend there won't be much knitting though - we're planning a trip up North to visit my parents in law.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten