zaterdag 8 september 2007

Questionnaire Christmas Around the World Swap

Are you religious?
Yes.

How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced?
I have been knitting since my 8th. I consider myself an advanced knitter.

Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting?
My husband and kids... cooking, listening to music.

Favorite color(s)? Green, blue, yellow.

Do you collect anything? Yarn LOL!

Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? I am allergic to grasses.

Do you have any pets? No. My sons have asthma, so pets are not allowed in this family. But I do enjoy the company of the birds in the tree in our very small yard.

Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate when it is cold, otherwise coffee.

Cookies or Sweets? Both. I am a sweet tooth, especially in December, but with measure.

Do you knit socks? Yes.

If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) I almost knit everything... sweaters, dresses, toys, hats, you name it.

Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? No. My house is too small to put up a tree. I decorate the walls and the windows instead. So much fun to do.

Favorite holiday treats? Christmas stollen, bowl, home made cranberry jam muffins, speculaas.

Favorite holiday smells? Definitely cinnamon!

Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. Traditional. The gift giving part is done on December 5 - as we celebrate Sinterklaas' Pakjesavond that evening. Christmas is in our family the celebration of Jesus'birth. We go to church, and have a festive dinner on Christmas Day.

What are your favorite holiday traditions?
Baking, sending cheers, give the family a warm feeling, and keeping the secrets of gifts for everyone.

Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....”
good point... it is all of the above actually

If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…… a star.

What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given?
The gift of love. And my children.

When do you start your Christmas? I am already working on presents.

Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes. I make them when time permits, otherwise buy them.

What is your favorite Christmas dish? It differs, but usually I enjoy turkey,a good salad, a nice dessert.

Carolers are at your door. What do you do?
I wish there were... it never happens here. I would enjoy hearing them sing and offer them something warm to drink.

When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? December 5 - at Sinterklaas. The Santa tradition is celebrated here on its original day.

Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Usually with family only.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing Bianca! How interesting that you like cold hot chocolate! I like cold coffee :) Your family traditions sound awfully lovely! Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks so much for filling out your questionnaire!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. leuk interview zussie, alles goed daar ?
    Zag dat je me in je links had staan, tof.
    moet mijn links nog aanpassen en zet je er zeker bij

    doeggg
    Eddy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks Bianca for letting me know about the Mystery Mitten KAL!

    I look forward to it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen