woensdag 11 oktober 2006

Q & A SP9

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?I don’t like to knit with cotton. For the rest I knit with everything I get my hands on.2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?I have a blue cylinder-shaped needle case, made out of strong plastic. It is way too small for all the needles I have.3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I am knitting for more than 30 years – was taught how to knit when I was eight – at school.4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?My wish list can be found here: http://wishlist.com/becker_info@planet.nl5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)Cinnamon and cranberry.6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?Yes…especially now with the holidays approaching I have to take care of the fact that I don’t eat too much chocolate.7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I would love to learn how to dye my own yarn. I love to develop patterns and from time to time I crochet a bit. I also love to draw or to paint.8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)Country music – especially Bobby Bare, Slim Whitman, Jim Reeves and Johnny Cash. My stereo can play MP3’s.9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?Green is my favorite color. I knit with everything except for black. That is a color I find depressive to work with.10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I am married and mom of three teens in the age group 10-16. There is a baby expected to be born in March 2007. We don’t have pets, due to allergies and asthma.11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?No. I know how to make them, but usually give them away.12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Socks – mostly for others. I love to knit sweaters as well.13. What are you knitting right now?Am working on a sweater for my daughter in blue. And in between I knit socks for my husband.14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Yes. 15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?I prefer to work with straight needles. Kind does not matter. I don’t like to work with circulars16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?No.17. How old is your oldest UFO?Not older than a month.18. What is your favorite holiday?Christmas and Sinterklaas.19. Is there anything that you collect?No. 20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?Surprise me. I don’t have subscriptions on knitting magazines at present, as I usually make up my own patterns.21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?Dyeing my own yarn.22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?I am a sock knitter, but I don’t knit socks for myself. My children and husband usually wear home-knitted socks.23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) February 21

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten